Streptococcus suis Transformation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Plate strains from freezer onto Tryptic Soy Plates for single colonies.
- Put 3ml of Todd-Hewitt + 0.5% Yeast Extract into sterile 16mm test tubes. Add a single colony into the tube; grow overnight at 37 degrees in the plate incubator (so, without shaking).
- Put 5ml of Todd-Hewitt + 0.5% Yeast Extract into sterile 16mm test tubes to pre-warm the media for 1 hour.
- Add 125 ul of the overnight growth (a 1:40 ratio).
- Allow to grow to an Absorbance of 0.035 - 0.058 (one hour, generally).
- Put 100ul of this culture into a micro-centrifuge tube.
- Add in the correct XIP peptide from the stock to create a final concentration of 250uM. (normally, 7-10ul of stock peptide)
- Add 0.5pMol of DNA (1.4ug for pACYC194; see https://www.promega.com/resources/tools/biomath/)
- Vortex; place in 37 degree incubator for 2 hours.
- Plate onto appropriate antibiotic Tryptic Soy plates.