Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Wash any glassware labeled 'Waste' that are returned by Nicole — use only tap water and the bottle brush if needed, and give a final quick rinse with Milliq water.
- Put away clean, dry glassware that are on the drying racks. Keep the sink area tidy.
- Washed, dry green test tube caps go below the 5%, 37 degree incubator, in a used, yellow Virkon container.
- Re-fill soap as needed from large bottle under sink.
- If we have less than 1.5 racks of sterile test tubes with green caps (see bottom shelf under room temperature incubator, below the sterile, small 50ml flasks): Prepare test tubes with green caps for autoclaving. Clean, brand new test tubes are below the 5%, 37 degree incubator. In that area is also a used, yellow Virkon container with green test tube caps. Cap test tubes, but skip every other position (otherwise, it is too tight of fit). Place an autoclave 'flag' on an arm of the test tube rack and place in autoclave area.
- Move full racks of clean, autoclaved test tubes on to the bottom shelf under room temperature incubator.